Have you ever enjoyed navigating through Windows 8.1, 8, 7 and the mouse pointer suddenly disappeared? Well, you don’t need to get alarmed because this issue happened to a lot of Windows users and it can be easily fixed.
You can lose your mouse pointer directly when the Windows 8.1, 8, 7 operating system starts or it just freezes when you are trying to surf the internet or do something for work. One of the main causes as for why this is happening is because your Windows 8 operating system has encountered some errors related to the mouse drivers and is unable to repair them after a reboot. The tutorials below will explain exactly what to do in order to never have the mouse pointer disappearing in the middle of your work.
Read Also: Mind Games Pro App for Windows 8 Released to Train your Brain
Tutorial on how to fix the mouse cursor if it disappears in Windows 8.1, 8, 7
There are three possible options can you can try in order to fix the mouse pointer but keep in mind that some Windows 8 laptops, for example, have a function key on the keyboard specifically to enable or disable the mouse cursor. So before following the options below check the function key and see if it is activated or not. Here is the list of solutions:
- Use ‘Troubleshooting’ feature
- Use ‘msconfig’ to reconfigurate your mouse
- Use Control Panel using the arrow keys (Windows 7 fix)
- Press and hold the buttons Windows and W to enter the Settings and search for the troubleshooter of your Windows 8 system.
- Type in the box presented there Troubleshoot.
- Left click the Troubleshooting icon you find after you finish the search.
- In the next window that appears you will need to left click on the icon that says Hardware and sound
- You will have a list presented after you click on Hardware and sound and you will have to look in that list for Hardware and devices.
- Left click on Hardware and devices.
- Left click on Next
- Follow the instructions presented in the new window that opened up.
- Close the troubleshooter by left clicking on OK after the troubleshooter is finished.
- Reboot the Windows 8 device and see if you have the same issues with the freezing mouse pointer.